It’s FOSS is an award-winning web-portal that focuses on Open Source in general and Linux in particular.
While there are several other Linux websites on the internet, It’s FOSS specifically focuses on beginners to Linux world. Its motto is to make your desktop Linux experience better. The aim of It’s FOSS is to increase the number of Linux desktop users and that aim is achieved by helping them to solve various issues one might encounter. Tutorials are written keeping beginners in mind with screenshots and proper steps.
If you wonder how come It’s FOSS is different from several other blogs in the same arena, let me tell you one thing. All the tips, tricks and tutorials are tried and tested first by us. We won’t suggest you to try anything which we haven’t tried ourselves.
Apart from how-to tutorials, It’s FOSS also provides information on various applications available to make the Linux desktop experience better. News related to Open Source are also covered to keep the readers updated.
Awards for It’s FOSS
Apart from the regular appreciations by thousands of readers, It’s FOSS has been awarded:
- Best Software Blog by IndiBlogger in 2013
- Top 5 software blogs by Blog Adda in 2015
- Top 10 Linux websites to follow by Make Use Of 2017
What will you learn at It’s FOSS?
- Learn more about desktop Linux. Be a Linux guru in your friend circle
- Solving common occurring issues in Linux
- Get to know more about desktop Linux and its usage
- Know and discover new Linux applications and programs to use
- Know about desktop customization and beautifying your Linux desktop
- Learn about the latest happening in Linux and Open Source world
- Become a better Linux user
How to get more out of It’s FOSS?
- Visit the website regularly
- Use the search option on the right-hand side to look for older articles on your topic of interest
- Add our feed to your favorite feed-reader
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get all the latest articles in your inbox
- Like us on Facebook to stay updated on latest happenings
- Join our exclusive Facebook group of Linux users
- Join our WhatsApp or Telegram group
- Do join our friendly community forum and seek help and advice from fellow Linux users
It’s FOSS has been the official media partners for a number of international Linux and Open Source events. Some of the main ones are:
- Open Source Summit organized by The Linux Foundation, Europe
- FOSSBackstage, Germany
- OSCAL, Albania
- Univention Summit, Germany
If you want to partner with us for your own open source event, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Following a conversation with a friend who gets your newsletter, he forwarded a copy to me …. why is it that All of the links from fail to open and instead UBlock Origin pops up that these links trip Peter Lowe’s list of suspect trackers, in your case mlsend.com? For an organisation like Its Foss this is hardly unacceptable surely. Would be interested to hear your comments please.
I use MailerLite email newsletter service. They shorten every link with their own mlsend.com links. That’s an integral feature of that service and I don’t see an option to disable it. Rest assured, the links mentioned in the newsletters are completely safe.
Thanks for your reply. I understand fully. BTW I was not suggesting that your links in the newsletter were dodgy – they have not been a problem at all, either to my friend or in the newsletter I received from him.
Unfortunately its the links/trackers as added by the newsletter house, there are some seriously questionable trackers amongst the dozens that are added.
Shame because you offer a good service with plenty of interesting articles – but the type of monetisation that they are carrying out is a game changer.
I wish you well.